W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-arabic@w3.org > July to September 2016

[minutes] alreq telecon 2016-07-05

From: <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 14:52:33 +0100
To: public-i18n-arabic@w3.org
Message-ID: <2724a213-e2dd-29d6-5acf-e98e164f1d3c@w3.org>

text version follows:

Arabic layout telecon

05 Jul 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/07/05-alreq-irc


           r12a, Shervin, Mostafa, Najib




      * [3]Topics
      * [4]Summary of Action Items
      * [5]Summary of Resolutions

    Shervin: Najib did a new conversion of the glossary into HTML.

    Najib: I corrected some of transliterations for the Arabic

    <Shervin> [6]


    <najib> [7]


    Najib: Arabic terms with parenthisis were not rendered

    <Shervin> [8]http://w3c.github.io/alreq/#glossary

       [8] http://w3c.github.io/alreq/#glossary

    <Shervin> [9]http://i.imgur.com/rLN3Bhq.png

       [9] http://i.imgur.com/rLN3Bhq.png

    <r12a> [10]
    .rtlTermCell {


    text-direction: rtl;

    text-align: right;


    Shervin: We don’t need those Bidi marks. Because this is a
    problem in our HTML/CSS code, and by fixing that the text will
    look good and we won’t need the marks.
    ... We also need to move the direction setting from CSS to

    <r12a> 1. remove bdi

    Richard: By moving the direction to HTML, we can drop that CSS
    class completey. Less classes and cleaner.

    <r12a> 2. add dir="rtl" lang="ar"

    <r12a> 3. remove class="rtlTermCell"




    Shervin: Najib, please also send a pull request for your
    changes to the generator script.
    ... This will allow me to use your changes when I want to work
    on the tables too.

    Najib: You can create an action item for that.

    <Shervin> ACTION Najib to update the script to accomodate the
    text direction in the cell level and send a PR for the script

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-61 - Update the script to accomodate
    the text direction in the cell level and send a pr for the
    script [on Najib Tounsi - due 2016-07-12].




      [13] https://github.com/w3c/alreq/pull/48#issuecomment-229104823

    Shervin: We have a pull request from Najib for action-7.
    ... Going to merge the pull request.

    Najib: Keep the action item open. I have more text and images
    to add.



    Shervin: Reassigning action-46 to Najib and closing action-61
    as its duplicate.

    Mostafa: Action-55 is still ongoing.

    Shervin: With the work Najib has done on the glossary,
    action-60 can be closed as well.

    <Shervin> [15]https://github.com/w3c/alreq/issues

      [15] https://github.com/w3c/alreq/issues

    <Shervin> [16]https://github.com/w3c/alreq/pull/53

      [16] https://github.com/w3c/alreq/pull/53

    Mostafa: I’ll add more commits to PR #53 to fix the
    logicai/visual order image and fix the merge conflicts.

    <r12a> [17]http://w3c.github.io/typography/



    <Shervin> <div class="note">

    <r12a> <div class="issue">

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 6 July 2016 13:52:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:55:30 UTC