RE: Right "@type" for Collection

Hi Chris,

On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 3:05 PM, Chris Andrew wrote:
> We have some confusion about the right way to declre a Collection in the Hydra
> API Documentation.
>
> In the event API, the "EventCollection" has  "@type: Class", with "subClassOf:
> "http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/core#Collection""
>
> In the spec however, it is recommended that a Collection be of "@type:
> hydra:Collection".

The Event API declares a more specialized collection. That means if something is of that type, it also, automatically is of type hydra:Collection.

This was mostly an experiment to see how to make it more explicit what a collection is about. I don't think it's the best design. There's an open issue to improve this:

   https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/126

So, long story short. I'd recommend to go with hydra:Collection for now.

HTH,