RE: an architectural diagram

Happy New Year everyone!

On 3 Jan 2017 at 13:09, Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
>> I have tried to create a high-level diagram
>> of the topics we aim to tackle and how they relate.
>> You can find the source code and resulting diagram here:
>> https://github.com/RubenVerborgh/Hydra-Architecture-Diagram/

Thanks a lot Ruben

> Thanks for creating the diagram. I think it looks like a great first
> step, but it's currently too sparse for me to provide any more
> feedback. There's nothing I can disagree with in the diagram. Yet, at
> least. ;-)

I echo what Asbjørn said. It's a great first step but not detailed enough. I'd nevertheless share a few nitpicks to kick of the discussion:
- I think "Forms" isn't such a great name as it implies a
   visual representation IMO
 - I'd suggest to categorize hypermedia controls into safe vs. unsafe
   (or similar terms) instead of Read vs. Write/Update/Delete.
   Otherwise it seems limited to CRUD
 - Not sure if the division into "Hypermedia Controls" and "API Modeling"
   is the right one.. I personally would put Fields under API Modeling..
   I understand you mean the description of variables/placeholders of a
   URI template but the diagram doesn't make this clear and Actions
   depend on Fields as well
 - I don't understand some of the arrows. E.g. why does Paging depend on
   URI Templates? Why Resources on Errors?