Re: Request for feedback on BEACON specification

Hi Ruben

You wrote:

> I've check out BEACON and looks very interesting.
> I don't have immediate feedback on the format itself,
> but I am of course intrigued by the link with LDF.
>
> I guess what you mean in 5.8
> is that BEACON could be a serialization format
> for Triple Pattern Fragments?

I'am not fully sure about the relationship between LDF and Triple
Pattern Fragments so which to refer to with BEACON.

The Links of a BEACON link dump can be used to serialize Triple Pattern
Fragments. I implemented an additional DataSource, see the commit in
this branch:

https://github.com/gbv/Server.js/tree/beacon

BEACON further supports some metadata about a set of links, e.g. title
and date of modification. Is this metadata part of Triple Pattern
Fragments or does it belong to Linked Data Fragments?

In Server.js I found no way to inject the metadata into the server from
a DataSource so it needs to be hard-coded in config.json?

Jakob

P.S: Server.json uses https://www.npmjs.com/package/uritemplate and
beacon-links uses https://www.npmjs.com/package/uri-templates. Any
arguments to not switch to the latter?

--
Jakob Voß <jakob.voss@gbv.de>
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany