RE: Project Introduction

Hi Stephen,

On 17 Aug 2017 at 01:44, Stephen Ficklin wrote:
> As suggested by Markus in a GitHub issue
> (https://github.com/lanthaler/HydraConsole/issues/26#issuecomment-3132176
> 84). I'm writing to introduce a project we're working on that includes
> Hydra as the framework for our API.  The project is Tripal
> (http://tripal.info/). Tripal is an open-source, freely available

Thanks a lot for sharing this! This is really exciting

> toolkit for construction of online biological databases.  Genomics is
> undergoing a massive increase in the quantity of data available across
> all species.  Often, researchers who generate this type of data need a
> way to publish them in a searchable online website for their research
> communities using common data standards.  The Tripal project is intended
> to decrease the barrier for wet-bench scientists to publish their data,
> and to provide a common framework for development of groups with more
> advanced IT folks.    With multiple genome projects now using Tripal
> from across the world we're working to make data in Tripal sites
> exchangeable in a federated manner via web services using controlled
> vocabularies.  Our approach has been to choose Hydra for this.  We are
> funded by several US National Science Foundation (NSF) award to make
> this happen.

I had a quick look at the website but I didn't really understand at what stage the project currently is. Are you just getting started with Hydra or did you already integrate it?

> We'd love to be a bit more integrated with the Hydra community, and hope
> there may be some interest in our project, and I'm happy to share
> further details for anyone interested.

If you have a demo or something that would be awesome. Apart from that, I'd like to invite you to participate in the further development of Hydra [1] and the reference client implementation [2] on GitHub. What might be interesting would be if you could have a look at the existing use cases [3] (we will use them as base for the implementation of the reference client) and send pull requests if you have requirements which aren't covered by those yet.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again for sharing this,
Markus

[1] https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications
[2] https://github.com/HydraCG/Heracles.ts