RE: Hydra Status

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:14 AM, Kev Kirkland wrote:
> There's already quite a few strands on this email thread, but if we're
> looking at overall direction there's another area I'd like to add -
> real-time communication. This means communications over
> channels other than HTTP.

[...]

> Sending messages shouldn't be a problem (we could expand hydra:method
> to request delivery over a WebSocket), but deciding what the client is
> going to do with streams of incoming messages might need a bit more
> thought.

Looks like this is less about the protocol and more about the way it is being used.

> At this stage just wanted to request that we put real-time
> communications on the agenda as it's going to expand massively over
> the next couple of years.

Agreed. Being able to register for notifications etc. is another interesting use case.

As a matter of fact, the development of Hydra was triggered by an IoT project I was working on a couple of years ago. So, streams, subscriptions etc. were in the back of my mind since the beginning :-)