Re: List of supported use cases for compliant and conditionally compliant client

On 2016-06-18 21:04, Karol SzczepaƄski wrote:
> I'd also stick to high-level operations/links. These are more bound to
> given domain - HTTP is just a tool here.
> I'd give up on making a distinction between link and operation, but I'd
> lean to operations rather than to links.

I don't disagree in general (having wrote what I did before). However
with Hydra (and Linked Data), they are communicated in a different way.
Links are just predicates/properties. Assuming dereferenceability each
link can be treated as a possible GET operation. On the other hand you
have SupportedClass->SupportedOperations, which are disconnected from
the link itself.

Hence, you will not escape the distinction and mixing operations with
links will just lead to confusion. Even if they are conceptually similar.

Also, it could be just that HTTP makes them similar. Another protocol
used for REST could treat them differently.