Re: Hydra adapter for Ruby Oat serializer library

Hi Paul,

Sounds good. I don't use Ruby so haven't checked it out, but having the
ability to ask for a representation in a variety of formats sounds good.

Might also be worth looking at the 'Profile' Link relation (
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6906). The Content-Type header indicates how
the data has been serialised (e.g. JSON), but the Profile can give you
extra information about the data (like what a valid data structure looks
like). A piece of JSON could represent loads of things in many different
formats, so it's good to have some way of nailing down what it represents.

I have to admit I haven't read the IETF spec, but that's a good chapter
about it in the Restful Web APIs book (O'Reilly). I guess the Profile isn't
needed so much in JSON-LD as it can support semantic information within
itself (using known vocabularies), but might be useful for the other JSON
representations.

Cheers,

Kev

www.dataunity.org