Re: Filters as views (ISSUE-45)

January 15 2016 11:19 AM, "Ruben Verborgh" <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:

> It's the collection of properties that describe /people/karol,
> and you are requesting a subset (view) of those properties.

This could work. But do I understand correctly that essentially this treats any data as a collection of triples? I expect most people, especially newcomers to hydra treat such simply as objects. In hydra terms I would think that a collection is strictly an object, which is associated to a group of related resources with the `hydra:member` property.

And to add to Karol's example, a not-co-uncommon requirement could be the ability to limit the number of columns displayed. This is where a clear distinction of collection and filter arises. A view /users?displayColumns=name,age would be applied to a collection of users but doesn't filter the members but rather the members' inlined representations. What do you think?