Re: Gitter room for Hydra

> It certainly looks nice, but what do we need it for? We do have an IRC
> channel that we basically never used.

"We do have an IRC channel is never used" is a pretty good reason why
Gitter should be considered. IRC is, unfortunately, not a very accessible
protocol. I can't guarantee that Gitter will be much more popular, but it's
easier for people to find and access and I can at least guarantee that I
will be there. It's like IRC, only with a pretty decent HTML interface that
integrates very deeply with GitHub (direct linking of issues, markdown
support, etc).

> I'm a bit worried adding yet another communication channel.

Shut down the IRC channel, then. :)

> IMHO the mailing list and GitHub issues cover our needs quite well.

They indeed do, but don't cover the real-time informational needs,
chit-chat and short, possibly stupid questions (I know I have a few).

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no