Re: ODP: ODP: Re: Replace hydra:Error with application/problem+json

Here's how I've always viewed similar concerns. For any RDF serialization, the media type signifies the syntax used. It can be application/rdf+json, application/ld+json or text/turtle. The problem is that this is incompatible with common use of media types, where they define not only the syntax but also the semantics of a given resource contents. With RDF the semantics are described on a different level, by types and predicates.

This is why you don't have a multitude of media types and can mix and match unrelated data. It is always "just" RDF. Does that make sense?

Regards,
Tom