RE: 'expects' return value per status code?

Hi Victor,

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 3:37 PM, Charpenay, Victor wrote:
> as I was designing a Hydra spec, I stumbled upon this little issue: I
> have different expected return values, depending on the status code
> that is responded.
>
> Has anybody already raised this issue?

No, that wasn't raised yet. You would normally just document what you get in
case of success. But the client always needs to be prepared to get something
else for various reasons. What was discussed, however, is whether
hydra:returns is needed at all.

> Would it make sense to change
> the range of 'hydra:expects' so that it could include both a
> StatusCodeDescription and a hydra:Class?

I think you are talking about hydra:returns here. hydra:expects documents
what the server expects from the client. I think documenting responses at
this level of granularity goes too far as it promotes a too tight coupling.

Btw. would you mind formally joining the Hydra W3C Community Group? Details
here:

    http://www.hydra-cg.com/#community