RE: Hello world

On 12 Sep 2015 at 15:09, Tomasz Pluskiewicz wrote:
> On 2015-09-11 16:42, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>>> I don't know if the debate about the best pagination design is over yet,

It's not. I plan to restart it again shortly (and push it more aggressively
this time)

> but I personally
> like the latest approach :
>>
>> I like it too.

Good to know.

>>> In the "cons" of this approach is said that there is "No way to
explicitly link to a specific
> page.
>>
>> Then we probably should just add that, if there are use cases for it.

Yeah, I have some ideas that will likely generalize to quite a few other use
cases. Will announce it beginning of October. I'm traveling end of September
and it might not be a good idea to kick of a discussion without being able
to properly participate shortly thereafter.

> Please remind me why a templated property isn't enough to link to
> specific pages?
>
>>> I then thought of an extra parameter that would allow one to describe
the pagination
> scheme in the URL
>>
>> Servers should be free to those any URL they want for any resource;
>> they are opaque identifiers; clients should not draw conclusions based on
URL structure.

Right... but the server can tell the client how it constructs those URLs so
that a client might be able to do something things in a more efficient
manner.