RE: Some practical hints for my first HYDRA implementation

On Friday, August 28, 2015 7:50 PM, Lorenzo Moriondo wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to define my API description and have some feedback.

Cool, thanks for sharing Lorenzo.

> Mostly I need some practical hints on how to correct and complete my
> ApiDocumentation. I have barely started to sketch the vocabulary.

Do you have concrete questions? That would make it easier.

> Here's the API:
> GET http://rdfendpoints.appspot.com/hypermedia/spacecraft/
>
> The EntryPoint, from here it's possible to reach the subsystems
> (different families of systems in a spacecraft):
>
> GET http://rdfendpoints.appspot.com/hypermedia/spacecraft/subsystems

This yields a JSON-LD document which points to the context

  /hydra/api-demo/contexts/Collection.jsonld

Which, when expanded results in

   http://rdfendpoints.appspot.com/hydra/api-demo/contexts/Collection.jsonld

That resource doesn't exist though (404).

> where it's possible to choose one of the subsystem
> If we choose for example the propulsion system:
>
> GET http://rdfendpoints.appspot.com/hypermedia/spacecraft/subsystems?uuid=Spacecraft_Propulsion
>
> From here you can see the different components belonging to a family:
>
> GET http://rdfendpoints.appspot.com/hypermedia/spacecraft/components?uuid=Spacecraft_Propulsion
>
> And finally the Resource Component:
>
> GET http://rdfendpoints.appspot.com/hypermedia/spacecraft/components?uuid=4f44803d9d1d4b1f8c90b265ab10371e
>
> The basic vocabulary:
> GET http://rdfendpoints.appspot.com/hydra/vocab
>
> I have tried to set the headers but I don't know if they are fully
> working, the documentation in the Hydra Console obviously doesn't
> work, as the ApiDocumentation is probably messy and incomplete.

You use quite a few of Hydra's concepts without properly mapping them to their URLs (in some cases you use the hydra: prefix). This was probably an oversight. The Hydra Console helps you to spot those mistakes quite easily:

  http://www.markus-lanthaler.com/hydra/console/?url=http://rdfendpoints.appspot.com/hydra/vocab

> Endorse patience! It's my first experiment with HYDRA (:

Out of curiosity, how did you implement the backend?

Last but not least, could you please join the Hydra W3C Community Group at:

  https://www.w3.org/community/hydra/

Thanks,