Re: Hydra CG & LDP NEXT CG - interest in coordination telecon?

Hi Melvin,

On 10/11/2015 11:18 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 11 October 2015 at 14:13, elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Markus, I agree with all you comments!
>>
>> In Social Web WG I see need that we draw a clear distinction between
>> vocabulary terms needed for describing particular data and vocabulary
>> terms for describing API(s) for accessing this particular data over
>> HTTP. I already see some IMO API specific terms creeping into AS2.0
>> specs [1][2] and I believe that we better off with appreciating work
>> already done in LDP and Hydra/LDF.
>>

> Agree, nice work!
>
> Though I will add that at this point the WG deliverables are up to a year
> behind schedule, and it's unclear what will be produced.  Progress has been
> challenging with some members seeming not to understand the advantages of
> awww or even name spaces at all.
>
> AS2.0 as a vocab seems to be a pretty decent piece of work, tho.  The
> Social Interest Group (IG) has a vocabulary task force.  So I wonder if
> this might become more prominent.  Comparing the different vocabs seems
> valuable, and perhaps it would be possible to snapshot microformats and put
> it in the w3c namespace as another vocab.
>
> A report on vocabs is an IG deliverable so perhaps this work could be taken
> forward there.

I would prefer to avoid discussing here any vocabularies related to
describing logical relationships between data entities and stay focused
on terms relevant to APIs.

Besides LDP specs, Hydra draft and LDF drafts we also can take a look at
* http://schema.org/docs/actions.html
*
http://jasnell.github.io/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/actions/activitystreams2-actions.html

Where for *me personally* Hydra & LDF, possibly aligned little more with
LDP (eg. collection/container) for describing API *http operations*,
combined with some way of defining them as HANDLERS for human oriented
definitions of *online/offline interactions* (CheckIn, Join, Eat,
Comment etc.) which Schema.org Action and AS2.0 Action Handlers try to
address, would cover all the needs for an API which I can think of...

To summarize, describing attributes of and relationships between all
kind of online/offline entities - out of scope for me here. Describing
attributes and relationships between *programmable interfaces for
accessing (read/write) that information* - in scope.

Cheers!