Re: Hydra metadata for non-RDF resources

From: Dietrich Schulten <ds@escalon.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:59:22 +0100
To: Maik Riechert <m.riechert@reading.ac.uk>
Cc: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>, Hydra <public-hydra@w3.org>

Am 11.11.2015 21:17 schrieb Maik Riechert <m.riechert@reading.ac.uk>:

> > Any CSV document can be directly represented in RDF really.
>
> Exactly :) But you may want to expose the CSV as such as well under the
> CSV mime type. And now the question, how would you expose the hydra
> metadata in that case? Would you have it under the same URL under an rdf
> mime type?
>
> Maik
>
> @Markus: I joined it now.

You can represent the same resource as csv and json-ld, right? Then you can also add hydra constructs like operation, collection, search to the json-ld representation of your resource. What makes me wonder is that you are talking about hydra metadata all the time.

Would you consider a hyperlink or a form in a html representation metadata? IMO it is not metadata but an integral part of the resource representation in that mediatype. Same for hydra controls.

Your case seems to be a classic example for content negotiation. A client requesting csv gets csv, json-ld gets the same resource, but as json-ld, same for turtle, pdf, plaintext, html, you name it :-)

Best,
Dietrich