RE: Interest in HTTP Problem RDF Internet Draft?

Am 01.11.2015 16:09 schrieb Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>:

> On 30 Okt 2015 at 14:19, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
> > our discussion about the http-problem internet draft[1], ended with
> > Markus' statement that "If [http-problem] will be widely adopted, we
> > still have the luxury to be able to change Hydra".
> >
> > Apparently IETF has earlier pointed Melvin Carvalho to http-problem as a
> > possible solution response format for an HTTP 402 Payment Required
> > status code [4].
>
> Who is "the IETF" in this case?

I digged through the thread [4] but it does not contain a more concrete reference.
@melvincarvalho do you remember who it was?

The question is, are there signs that http-problem finds adoption already?
Well I recommend it whenever people invent their own error response json :-)
Anyone else on this list who actively uses problem+json?

> > Now the question: would it be OK to use the *still empty* contrib
> > mailing list public-hydra-contrib@w3.org for discussions? Or would the
> > group even be more comfortable if discussions took place here?
>
> Feel free to discuss it on this list. It's easy enough to mute a discussion in almost every mail client I'm aware of.

Thank you. The draft will point to this list for discussion, then. Maybe some people will learn about Hydra that way, too :-)

> > [1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-hydra/2015Sep/0044.html
> > [2] https://github.com/dret/I-D/tree/master/http-problem-rdf
> > [3] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-hydra-contrib/
> > [4] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments/2015Jun/0056.html