Re: what's the subject?

On 2015-03-13 18:44, Markus Lanthaler wrote:

> Shouldn't the graph be about the resource that was used to retrieve it? In
> other words, doesn't the URL tell you what the main resource is? I do
> understand that hash URLs etc. complicate this.

Hash or not I think it is a real issue. Another example is when a
representation is split across multiple urls. Think </bob>, which returns

</bob> a foaf:Person ; foaf:givenName "Bob" .

and </bob/friends> which returns

This is especially true for anyone trying to enhance existing JSON API
so that it becomes JSON-LD: The requested URL </bob/friends> does not
have to be an actual resource identifier but merely an address for
additional data about </bob>. This is how many APIs are structured and
it is indeed an obstacle with RDF Linked Data where we struggle to make
each URL an identifier.