Re: Why the collection?

Hello Thomas.

Thanks for the clarification. Isn't playing with lego exactly what we
are all doing with RDF vocabularies and ontologies, though?

In my learning process I've already encountered quite a few of them
(skos, rdf(s), hydra, foaf, xlmns, owl, schema, ...). It already feels like
"playing lego" (just as picking and assembling the right components
for an API's underlying architecture does).

Also, if the goal is to "describe Web APIs" from a practical,
what-can-you-do-with-this point of view, then wouldn't Hydra benefit
from the separation of concerns obtained by delegating the semantics of
collections to dedicated vocabs?

I'm absolutely no expert but collections seem to be so context-specific
that even you guys are experiencing some difficulties in finding a common
ground - hence my considerations.

Cheers.

--

Jacopo Scazzosi