Re: Link relation type to link to discover LDP

> On Jun 23, 2015, at 2:42 PM, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:
>
>> Do you see any problems with going down that route?
>
> I don't see technical problems using blank nodes as identifiers.
> We will need to explicitly mention this in ExplicitRepresentation though.
>
> It just makes things a little harder to explain and understand TPF, but not impossible.
> Blank nodes in their usual meaning are not interesting for TPF interfaces anyway.
>
> For instance, suppose that a TPF interface gave a response containing
>    _:x a foaf:Person.
> then there is no way to get more information about _:x,
> because this blank node identifier is only valid in the scope of the response
> (and thus means something different in the next request).
> This is why, in responses, a TPF interface replaces blank nodes by well-knowns URIs.
> An example is at http://data.linkeddatafragments.org/.well-known/genid/ugent-biblio/B1.
>
> Does anybody see issues with using blank nodes to query patterns such as
>   _:x foaf:knows _:y
> ?

In SPARQL, BNodes act as existential quantifiers, so that the about query could match a single _:x and a single _:y, which may be any legitimate RDF Term (URI, BNode or Literal). As you suggest, serializing BNodes using a skolum URI is probably a good idea, but likely something that should be signaled through a VOID definition (I would think, not really sure).

If you wanted to get all _:x and _:y that match this pattern, at least using SPARQL semantics, you need variables which are universal quantifiers.

Gregg