Re: Link relation type to link to discover LDP

hello ruben.

On 2015-06-16 7:56 , Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> It's not specific for a media type, depending on the definition of "media type".
> The proposed link would point to a hypermedia control,
> which can be available in different media types (HTML, JSON, Turtle, …)

i am not quite sure what you mean by "a link pointing to a hypermedia
control". a link *is* a hypermedia control (or part of one, if you mean
just the URI when talking about a link), which then points to a
resource, right?

anyway, depending on the scenario, the following might help:

if a resource links to an alternative representation, then use
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/links.html#rel-alternate which is intended to
do exactly that. if you also would like to annotate the link with an
expected media type, then hopefully the hypermedia format containing the
link supports resource hints
(https://github.com/dret/hyperpedia/blob/master/concepts.md#target-resource-hints),
and then such a hint can be used to represent a media type that
annotates the link.

>> - "home" as proposed by https://github.com/mnot/I-D/issues/41
> But it's not really "home".
> The semantics we need are "you can also access this dataset as".

sounds like "alternate" is the way to go, then.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |