Re: Some Slides which contain my Observations and Insights about REST

On 1/15/15 5:29 AM, Thomas Hoppe wrote:
> I like your rationale why RDF also adds value if its used as data
> model for applications.
> Also, this "Babelization" issue you mention is a good point.
> I added a slide "What we gain from using RDF" to highlight these.
Hi Thomas,

What you gain from RDF is a Language (system of signs, syntax, and
semantics) for encoding and decoding of information, without any
platform (operating system, application, data serialization format,
actual content creation notation) lock-in..

RDF enables the construction of the digital equivalent of natural
language sentences.

Hope this helps.

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/kidehen/understanding-29894555/16 -- about
relationships
[2] http://www.slideshare.net/kidehen/understanding-29894555/55 -- about
natural language and data
[3] http://bit.ly/1aNuWca -- original Web design doc tweaked with live
hyperlinks (illustrates retrospective nature of what RDF open standard
formalizes)
[4] http://bit.ly/world-wide-web-25-years-later -- world wide web, 25
years later.

--