Re: Some Slides which contain my Observations and Insights about REST

On 1/14/15 2:16 PM, David Booth wrote:
> My concern is that if we focus too much on APIs then we are likely
> ignoring what's *really* important, which is THE DATA.  I say this in
> the same spirit as I say that we should not be focusing on data
> formats, we need to focus on the *semantics* of data. (Certainly we
> need data formats, but a data format in and of itself does not solve
> the problem of semantic interoperability.  Data formats allow bits to
> be transferred, but more importantly they should provide a hook for
> determining data semantics, and this is what really matters.)
+1

Could 2015 be the year that this fundamental understanding materializes?

These days, I am trying to get folks to revisit <link/> and "Link:" and
then look at them as other notations for representing entity
relationship types. If this matter is revisited, we could take a major
leap towards recognizing the fact that RDF is a retrospective
standardization of what was always baked into AWWW. Ditto RESTful
interaction patterns (or style), in regards to deductive discovery of
resources (and their representation formats) and their capabilities
(operations).

Links:

[1] curl -iLH "Accept: application/ld+json"
http://kingsley.idehen.net/~kidehen/Public/
[2] curl -iLH "Accept: text/turtle"
http://kingsley.idehen.net/~kidehen/Public/
[3] curl -iLH "Accept: application/ld+json"
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Linked_Data
[4] curl -iLH "Accept: text/turtle"
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Linked_Data .

Happy New Year !