Re: remove hydra:Link (branched from remove hydra:Resource and hydra:Class)

> On Jan 12, 2015, at 9:57 AM, Tomasz Pluskiewicz <tomasz@t-code.pl> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> I think I see your point here. The general use case is that Link header given clients access to the ApiDocumentation. It's general structure is
>
> ApiDocumentation
>  SupportedClasses
>    SupportedProperties
>      Operations.
>
> So what about hydra:Link? Dereferencing is not an option for 3rd party vocabularies and I agree with John's reluctance for subclassing. Maybe GET operation should always be used instead. Be it inline or declared in SupportedProperty's definition?

I think hydra:Link is quite useful, and supplementing a vocabulary definition within ApiDocumentation to say that, say, schema:url has the type hydra:Link is pretty minimal, if you consider that ApiDocumentation doesn't make universal claims, but only for this particular API.

If sentiment went against it, then we'd need something in Property Constraints to indicate that it is de-referencable.

Gregg