Re: On building web service clients for specific tasks

El Mon, 10 Aug 2015 21:51:45 +0200
"Markus Lanthaler" <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> escribió:

> In general, I'd try to use the Hydra ApiDocumentation as much as
> possible. It can give you lots of hints depending on how well the
> service is described. So, in the example you outlined above, you'd
> try to find a User object whose name property has a specific name.
> There would be multiple ways to achieve that (not all are supported
> by the demo issue tracker):

I've been trying to define the API documentation for a fictional
forecast web service using the Hydra demo as a guide. So far this [1]
is what I got.

I have a series of comments, doubts and problems I'd like to expose to
you.

Comments
--------
- It would be useful to mark one specific vocabulary as default to
  reduce the verbosity of the @context. So, if one attribute is not
  qualified by a namespace, search its definition in the default one.
  I'm almost sure that JSON-LD has this very feature hehe

Doubts
------
- Do I have to explicitly define a generic collection with members if
  it's the case of having one?

- What's the point of /required/ if the resource is going to be
  retrieved but not created or updated?

- Aren't /readonly/ and /writeonly/ mutually exclusive?

- I'm trying to define embedded data (tomorrow forecast along with the
  city representation) but I don't know if I'm even close of getting it

- What's the difference between the /label/ and /description/ inside
  the property and /hydra:title/ or /hydra:description/?

- Is it mandatory a /domain/ in a property? What if it's going to be
  used inside several representations?

Problems
--------
- Use an appropriate type and range for temperature data [2]

Many thanks and apologize me for the amount of doubts. As you guessed
it, all this is new for me ;)

[1] https://gist.github.com/miquecg/b8d479256aa24954c4fd
[2] http://www.qudt.org/

--