Re: What is the correct media-type for a Hydra specification?

hello kingsley.

On 2015-04-27 13:48, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> I should have been clearer. I was responding to the following excerpt:
> """ 3.2.  Describing Web Services
>     In the context of this specification, "description" refers to
>     information that is intended for machine consumption.  Typical
>     formats for this are dictated by the technology underlying the
>     service itself, which means that in today's format landscape,
>     description formats exist in XML, JSON, RDF, and a variety of other
>     languages. ""
>  From the document identified by the HTTP URI/URL:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-service-link-rel-00  :)
> "..description formats exist in XML, JSON, RDF, and a variety of other
>     languages."
> Is confusing.

i do know that you dislike the term "metamodel", and i agree that
"format" may be a bit too close to a concrete serialization. but since
RDF in itself is not a model (it kind of is, of course, but more
specifically, it is a model for building models), i am wondering what
term you'd prefer. "language" is a bit fuzzy to me, and as you know i
think metamodel is actually pretty accurate. but i am open to other
suggestions.

thanks and cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |