Re: What is the correct media-type for a Hydra specification?

On 4/26/15 9:21 PM, Erik Wilde wrote:
> hello markus.
>
> On 2015-04-26 12:38, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>> On 19 Apr 2015 at 01:04, Erik Wilde wrote:
>>> come to think of it, maybe we should whip up an I-D for these two
>>> relations: human-readable and machine-readable documentation. both
>>> aren't yet registered, and would be nice to have in many APIs. and i
>>> would strongly advocate for making those media-type independent.
>> Looks like Erik already wrote something up :-)
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-service-link-rel-00

Erik,

Loosely-coupling is dear to my heart (and many other individuals and
enterprises) too. Thus, I hope we agree that conflation is antithetical
to the cause? If so, then why do you still characterize RDF as a format?
It isn't a format, that is simply inaccurate [1]. Characterizing RDF as
a format is not a good example of loose-coupling.

RDF is a Language, distinct from a variety of notations (RDF-XML,
RDF-Turtle, JSON-LD etc..) that can be used to create document content.
The aforementioned document content is serializable using a variety of
formats (each identifiable using content-types).

[1] http://www.openlinksw.com/c/93S7CWL -- About RDF
[2] http://www.openlinksw.com/c/9B757DDP -- About RDF-Turtle
[3] http://www.openlinksw.com/c/9CXT5C5Z -- JSON-LD
[4] http://www.openlinksw.com/c/9C3H7C54 -- RDF-XML (a/k/a RDF/XML) .