Re: Encourage use of public vocabs, discourage use of private vocabs in Hydra

On 9/16/14 3:17 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> ...]
>> >Next typical experience: the urls in helios to evoont and oslc-cm do
>> >not resolve anymore (It is uncredible how unstable urls are in the
>> >Semantic Web. Those people or their webmasters should know better than
>> >rearranging url spaces without proper redirects. Not even
>> >http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer  resolves anymore, it is now
>> >athttp://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#integer)
> I think it actually never did as it wasn't built with RDF/Linked Data in
> mind.

Correct.

Important subtlety here:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#integer> denotes the notion of an
integer, but doesn't identify it.

An RDF/Linked Data based HTTP URI would identify (rather than simply
denote) the notion of an integer i.e., the sign denoting the concept
would resolve to an actual description (connotation), provided by an RDF
document.

In the case of integers, we currenty have denotation and connotation
somewhat-coupled [1][2]

[1] http://www.ontologyportal.org/SUMO.owl#Integer
[2]
http://lod.openlinksw.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ontologyportal.org%2FSUMO.owl%23Integer&graph=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ontologyportal.org%2FSUMO.owl
-- kind of coupled via the LOD Cloud cache .

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO