RE: Core Vocabulary diagram might be confusing

On  Thursday, September 04, 2014 11:49 AM, László Lajos Jánszky wrote:
> I think the diagram is not ordered enough, and the two arrow types are
> way to similar...

Yeah, those are valid concerns.

> I don't think we need more diagrams. In my opinion it is much easier
> to start with a new tool (framework, technology, vocab, etc..) by
> reading tutorials about it. For example what would be the requests and
> etc... I think 2-3 tutorials with increasing difficulty levels would
> be enough. What we currently have is documentation only, which is
> great, but has no use for beginners. They have to learn RDF, JSON-LD
> and the Hydra vocab, which can take a long time, and by reading the
> documentation they cannot decide whether it will worth the effort or
> not...

Right. In the optimal case we would have such tutorials and if someone wants to write one, I'll make sure it gets the visibility it deserves. The most important thing at the moment though is to get the spec stable (which doesn't mean we can't write tutorials in parallel!). We still have a lot of work in front of us.