Re: DBpedia now available as triple pattern fragments

On 10/31/14 5:33 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> >The utility of that serves what purpose?  I think Ruben clearly described this as a complimentary addition.
> Exactly_because_  I described them as a complementary addition.
> It wouldn't make sense to host DBpedia as triple pattern fragments
> if the DBpedia SPARQL endpoint had high availability.

That statement doesn't reflect what I mean by being complimentary.
Basically, in my eyes, that means:

If OpenLink decides to invest in servers and admin to create the 100%
illusion (as exemplified by the likes Google etc.) then LD Fragments
would serve no use?

I see LD Fragments as a useful compliment, even if DBpedia's SPARQL
endpoint had what you would perceive as 100% uptime.

> After all, the DBpedia SPARQL endpoint solves SPARQL queries much faster
> when it is available—which is not always the case.

Which has more to do with what's happening to Virtuoso (from time to
time), and less to do with the notion of a scalable and high
availability  SPARQL endpoint.

You do understand that we offer DBpedia deployment services to the
world, gratis. We could always make a 100% uptime premium service with
an SLA (Service Level Agreement).

You continue to conflate misunderstanding of our DBpedia terms of a
service with a fundamental DBMS science issue.

Having a SPARQL endpoint, at web-scale, supporting ad-hoc queries is a
specific DBMS science challenge, for which we've always had an answer.

Anyway, I am going to have a DBpedia report prepared, and posted to the
appropriate forums. Clearly our silence seems to be encouraging you to
push confusing and inaccurate memes.

As I've told you at every turn, LD Fragments can be useful, in a
complimentary way, to DBpedia and other Linked Open Data projects. What
you don't have to do is make the notion of Web-scale SPARQL endpoints
the target.

Can't we all just get along, without distracting in fighting? We are all
trying to make this Linked Open Data aspect of the World Wide Web a
reality, right?

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen