RE: In-place hydra:Link

On 14 Okt 2014 at 08:42, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
> Am 13. Oktober 2014 18:07:59 schrieb "Markus Lanthaler":
>> On 7 Okt 2014 at 18:46, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
>>> My idea of "follow your nose" in an api was that I can follow links when
>>> encounter them, without needing a map (i.e. ApiDocumentation)
beforehand.

>> You can certainly do that as well. The discussion we are having here is
>> really about theoretical purity. In RDF, IRIs are just identifiers, not
>> hyperlinks. Hydra allows you to make it explicit which of those IRIs can
be
>> expected to be dereferenceable. That's all. Nothing prevents you to
simply
>> "follow your nose" and be prepared to run against a wall in some cases
:-)

> I guess I've learned to be prepared for *that* a long time ago <g>

:-)

> No, but in this case I would use hydra:Resource in hydra-java. I am also
> looking into ways to include or generate a vocab.

Fair enough.

>> We are really discussing corner cases and theoretical pureness here.
>
> OTOH when writing a generator I need to understand which tradeoffs I make
> and I don't want to generate data that pollute other vocabs. So I clearly
> must dive more deeply into rdf, and for the time being I have to rely on
> this group to tell me when I ran into a wall in rdf ;-)

Makes sense, yeah. Perhaps you find this paper I wrote a while ago helpful

  http://m.lanthi.com/ldow2013-paper

(some Hydra stuff is clearly out of date though). If you have *considerably*
more time, you might also want to have a look at my dissertation

  http://m.lanthi.com/3gen-web-apis

Otherwise simply ask. We have heaps of very smart people with lots of
experience in this group.

HTH,