RE: Schema.org properties having a collection as value and hydra:Collection

On 13 Okt 2014 at 19:44, John Walker wrote:
> Hi Markus
>
> [snip]
>>
>> This pattern works with all vocabularies, even the ones that use
>> rdfs:range. Strictly speaking, with schema.org you wouldn't need
>> that indirection but you end up with a "strange" triple if you
>> don't
>>
>>   /product review /product/reviews  <-- this is the "strange" triple
>>   /product review /product/reviews/1
>>   /product review /product/reviews/2
>>   /product review /product/reviews/3
>

> I'm not a fan of 'strictly speaking' approach. Just because it's not
> explicitly ruled out doesn't make it 'right' to do. Way I see it is
> it's so obvious it points to an event of some kind that you don't
> need to state it.

Well.. if you look at the recent addition of Roles in Schema.org you'll see
that this pattern is being promoted (to some degree). Schema.org's
rangeIncludes was specifically designed to allow this flexibility. The
mantra is to make it as simple as possible for publishers at the expense of
making the consumption of data more complex... but generally you can't trust
data on the Web anyway without some additional measures.