RE: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships (ISSUE-41)

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:02 AM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> On May 26, 2014, at 10:41 PM, "Markus Lanthaler" wrote:
> > The design I like most is the one that one I summarized as "Link to the
> > collection via a generic property". Specifically this one:
> >
> >    </alice> hydra:hasCollection <alice/friends> .
> >
> >    </alice/friends/> hydra:manages [
> >      [hydra|rdf]:property schema:knows ;
> >      [hydra|rdf]:subject </alice> .
> >    ] .
>
> Don't thing rdf:subject works, as it's domain is rdf:Statement, and I
don't think we want to
> invoke Reification, so best stick with hydra:property/subject.

Good point. Shall we introduce a class that represents the range of
hydra:manages or is that not necessary in your opinion?

> I also need hydra:object for some of the the reverse use-cases.

Yep. I just tried to keep the examples simple. If we choose this approach, I
would strongly favor to also introduce hydra:object.

> I presume the domain of hydra:manages is hydra:Collection.

Yeah (even though perhaps it actually make more sense to switch to something
like schema:domainIncludes for Hydra than using RDF's domain. In any case,
I've already updated the wiki to clarify what is meant.