Re: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships

On 03/25/2014 11:21 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:04 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>> On 03/24/2014 08:24 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Markus
>>>

>>> P.S.: I'm aware of how LDP handles this issue, but, while I generally
>>> like the approach it takes, I don't like that fact that it imposes a
>>> specific interaction model.
>>>
>> So LDP handles this issue, and is going through the W3C process. Why
>> not hold your nose and use it?  Or even better, participate and fix it?
> Because in my opinion the model LDP is based on is doomed to fail. I expressed that concern a couple of times (at conferences where LDP was presented).. if I find the time (which will be tricky as I'm traveling from tomorrow onwards), I may even do a full review of the spec.

Probably the best thing to do next is to elucidate all of what you do want, as
it appears to be quite complex, involving not just the amount of data being
served, but also how to access specific parts of the data under the control of
the requester.  Otherwise, you are going to continue to get solutions that
address only what you are asking about, which do not appear to be meeting your
needs.

peter