RE: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships

On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:04 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> On 03/24/2014 08:24 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > [snip]
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Markus
> >

> > P.S.: I'm aware of how LDP handles this issue, but, while I generally
> > like the approach it takes, I don't like that fact that it imposes a
> > specific interaction model.
> >

> So LDP handles this issue, and is going through the W3C process. Why
> not hold your nose and use it?  Or even better, participate and fix it?

Because in my opinion the model LDP is based on is doomed to fail. I expressed that concern a couple of times (at conferences where LDP was presented).. if I find the time (which will be tricky as I'm traveling from tomorrow onwards), I may even do a full review of the spec.

> PS:  It took me quite a while to figure out just that LDP was trying to
> do, and how it was proposing to do it.   That's probably a sign that
> more user-facing documentation is needed.

Yeah. LC ends April 2nd.. So perhaps you report your concerns as well :-P