Re: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships

Hi,

Just thinking out loud here,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>wrote:

> +cc public-lod and public-hydra which you've removed Michael

> > > Yup, this sums it up quite well. Thanks.
> >
> > I think we have the "pagination" feature already because we could
> > spread resource statements over various documents, e.g.
> >
> > on /markus/friends/page/1 describe
> >
> > </markus> schema:knows </alice>.
> >
> > and on /markus/friends/page/2 add
> >
> > </markus> schema:knows </zorro>.
>
> Yeah, but that's not the problem. The problem is how to link from /markus
> to /markus/friends[/page/{page}]
>

> > Maybe we would need a property in schema.org that let us relate
> > documents which contain statements about the resource, something very
> > similar to rdfs:seeAlso:
> >
> > </markus> a schema:Person ;
> >       rdfs:seeAlso </markus/friends/page/1> ;
> >       rdfs:seeAlso </markus/friends/page/2> .
>
> The mechanism also needs to tell in which relationship the resources stand
> to each other, in other words, by which property they are "connected"
> (schema:knows).

I was thinking the same as Michael (using a mechanism akin to the common
use of rdfs:seeAlso), and then describe the nature of the page linked to.
Perhaps seeing it as a variant of a Linkset, to use VoID terminology [1].
Giving us something like:

    </markus> a schema:Person ;
        rdfs:seeAlso </markus/friends/page/1> .    # or something like
:describedBy (as an inverse of :about)

    </markus/friends/page/1> a void:Linkset;    # or e.g. :LinkPage
        void:linkPredicate :knows .    #  ...

(The difference to VoID is that this is reasonably occurring within the
same dataset, just partitioned across various documents
(pages/records/named graphs/information resources/...).)

Cheers,
Niklas

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/void/#describing-linksets