RE: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships

+cc public-lod and public-hydra which you've removed Michael

On Monday, March 24, 2014 5:54 PM, Michael Haschke wrote:
> >> Would it be correct to summarize your question as, how do we enable
> >> "mechanical" features like addressability and pagination to a value
> >> collection in a way that doesn't interfere with its semantics (i.e.,
> >> change the range)?
> >
> > Yup, this sums it up quite well. Thanks.
>
> I think we have the "pagination" feature already because we could
> spread resource statements over various documents, e.g.
>
> on /markus/friends/page/1 describe
>
> </markus> schema:knows </alice>.
>
> and on /markus/friends/page/2 add
>
> </markus> schema:knows </zorro>.

Yeah, but that's not the problem. The problem is how to link from /markus to /markus/friends[/page/{page}]

> Maybe we would need a property in schema.org that let us relate
> documents which contain statements about the resource, something very
> similar to rdfs:seeAlso:
>
> </markus> a schema:Person ;
>  rdfs:seeAlso </markus/friends/page/1> ;
>  rdfs:seeAlso </markus/friends/page/2> .

The mechanism also needs to tell in which relationship the resources stand to each other, in other words, by which property they are "connected" (schema:knows).