RE: Define/change the range of "supportedProperties" (ISSUE-37)

On Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:26 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> > Actually, I like "attribute" a lot.
> > It's neutral. It conveys the intended meaning.
>
> attribute
> noun |ˈatrəˌbyo͞ot|
> 2 [Computing] a piece of information that determines the properties
> of a field or tag in a database or a string of characters in a display.
>
> Note how it explicitly says "determines the properties".
> That's exactly what we want to do.

I read that slightly different. IMO an attribute defines whether a specific field in a database is e.g. an autoincrement field. The read-only flag in SupportedProperty is an attribute of the property that is being described. It's a fuzzy matter, but I think I personally wouldn't name a property supported by a class an attribute. In OOP programming, a class attribute would be whether it is static, final, etc.

Phil, why is naming always so damn difficult!? :-)