ISSUE-56: Date ranges / intervals for LDF

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:53:59 +0200
To: public-linked-data-fragments@w3.org
As reported by Andreas Kuckartz (https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/56):

> Define a LDF for date ranges so that for example the objects of all the tripels are date values which are in the date interval.

Reply by me:

We definitely plan more specific types of Linked Data Fragments in addition to the Triple Pattern Fragments we have now.

That said, date ranges might be overly specific for an immediate next step. We would probably look first to support more generic literal value searches, such as full text search and pattern matching.

And interestingly, date ranges can be implemented in an easy way using pattern matching. For instance, the date range 2014-03-30 – 2014-04-22 could be implemented by two consecutive lookups of 2014-03-3X and 2014-04-XX—or perhaps even as one lookup 2014-0X-XX. To be investigated.

Best,

Ruben