Re: Reinventing Web applications

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 14:01:19 -0400
To: public-hydra@w3.org, public-declarative-apps@w3.org
On 6/23/14 11:41 AM, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> We don't want to call Graphity a "framework", as this term suggests it
> has to be extended to build an application. We on the other hand want
> to make it as finite as possible (the imperative Java part, that is),
> and move logic to data instead.
+1 for moving the logic into the data. That's RDF 101 i.e., the logic of
relations (predicates) is part of data representation and comprehensible
to both humans and machines.

[1] http://bit.ly/1uffmNe -- A Prolog to Prolog article that sheds light
on the perennial issues with programming that's resurfacing in the realm
of RDF and Web applications .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen