Re: Should every hydra:Operation via HTTP GET have nothing to expect?

Hi Markus,

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 17 Jun 2014 at 11:15, Jindřich Mynarz wrote:
>> should every hydra:Operation via HTTP GET have nothing to expect? For example:
>>
>> :get-operation a hydra:Operation ;
>>   hydra:method "GET" ;
>>   hydra:expects owl:Nothing . # or omit hydra:expects completely
>
> Yeah. Generally, however, I wouldn't model GETs using Operations as they do not change state (at least they are not supposed to do so). There's an open issue, ISSUE-44 [1], to improve the spec in that regard.

I thought that in case of GET hydra:Link or hydra:TemplatedLink would
be better, but then I saw the example GET hydra:Operations in the
issue tracker demo
(http://www.markus-lanthaler.com/hydra/api-demo/vocab#), which led me
to believe that using hydra:Operation in such cases is recommended. If
this isn't recommended, then it would be helpful if the Hydra
specification explicitly stated that hydra:Operation shouldn't be used
with GET and if the issue tracker demo was updated to reflect that.

- Jindřich

--
Jindřich Mynarz
http://mynarz.net/#jindrich