Should every hydra:Operation via HTTP GET have nothing to expect?

From: Jindřich Mynarz <mynarzjindrich@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:15:45 +0200
To: public-hydra@w3.org
Hi,

should every hydra:Operation via HTTP GET have nothing to expect? For example:

:get-operation a hydra:Operation ;
  hydra:method "GET" ;
  hydra:expects owl:Nothing . # or omit hydra:expects completely

This is the case of the Issue tracker demo
(http://www.markus-lanthaler.com/hydra/api-demo/vocab#), where every
GET hydra:Operation has hydra:expects set to null (which I believe to
be a JSON-LD way equivalent of omitting a triple).

If that's not the case and GET hydra:Operation can expects something,
then the question is how it should be serialized in an HTTP request.
Is it always the case that a resource that a hydra:Operation expects
should be provided in the request body? Now, while GET requests can
contain a body, I know it's not a recommended practice to do so. I'm
wondering if there are alternative ways how to serialize a resource
that a hydra:Operation expects, such as in GET parameters, but this
seems clunky.

- Jindřich

--
Jindřich Mynarz