RE: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships (ISSUE-41)

On 13 Jun 2014 at 01:24, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> In any case, the collection mechanism is more than just a way of referencing specific
> members, but also associating a relationship between a subject and object, which is no-where
> to be seen in any ListItem proposal. I am concerned that those of us using both schema.org
> and Hydra will have some difficult decisions on how to separate an entity's definition
> between multiple resources other than relying exclusively on reverse relationships, and that
> still doesn't handle wide many-to-many relationships such as Friend or Follows.

Could you please elaborate a bit? Are you worried that simple crawlers and other clients won't be able to reconstruct the complete resource description and it's relationships to other resources? Does the hasCollection/collection forward link help in that regard in your opinion? What do you think makes many-to-many relationships special?