Hydra API discovery

From: Tomasz Pluskiewicz <tomasz@t-code.pl>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 08:39:00 +0200
To: public-hydra@w3.org
Hi

I've looked at the Building Next-Generation Web APIs with JSON-LD and
Hydra presentation by Marcus *again* :) and one detail is still
unknown to me. The example resource contains a comments property,
which is a hydra:Link.

How would you propose to actually discover the URL of that property in
a Javascript app. I know of course that the information is right there
in the @context, but do you us the jsonld.processContext() function or
somehow manually follow the definitions?

That said I examined what the Hydra console does to find my answer and
actually I was surprised that the calls are proxied and by all the
"__activectx" etc in responses. I expected the service actually return
Hydra documents similar to those documented and then have the client
do the magic. Currently it actually looks a little bit like trickery,
because this is not how a generic client would work. By which I
understand tapping into any API entrypoint, which serves JSON-LD +
Hydra and discovering the links from there by examining the document
structure.

Greet,
Tom