Re: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships (ISSUE-41)

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 11:22:28 -0400
To: public-hydra@w3.org
On 6/5/14 9:35 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> >As Gregg noted in a different mail [1] (I'm on a plane, so perhaps he
>> >already responded himself in the meantime) using rdf:subject etc. would mean
>> >that the whole thing is an rdf:Statement:
> Which does not need to be a bad thing.
>
>> >  I don't think we want to invoke Reification
> But we are: if we say that
> "this is the document consisting of triples with that subject and predicate",
> we are doing reification. No need to hide that.

+1

Markus:

I don't know how reification became a conflation of "bad thing" and "bad
word".

If denoting useful things with HTTP URIs is RDF based Linked Data 101,
what's wrong with denoting an rdf:Statement ?

Reification is actually very useful, and it does actually help
developers and end-user comprehend RDF.

These matters are all artificially confusing because of that ghastly RDF
notation called RDF/XML.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen