RE: New Year's Resolutions / Next steps

On Thursday, January 09, 2014 7:47 PM, Ryan J. McDonough wrote:
> +1 on the Hydra Console. What do you think about decoupling the
> JavaScript components from the PHP bits? I'm asking cause I could see
> value in other server-side frameworks being able to leverage the
> console. The role of PHP in the console appears to be fairly limited
> and could be replaced with something in Java, C#, Ruby, etc. if needed.

Yeah.. they really should be completely decoupled.

The only reason why they aren't at the moment is because I preferred to
modify my own JSON-LD processor instead of modifying the Digital Bazaar's
JavaScript implementation. The modification is necessary for the rendering
of responses (the tooltips etc.).

Other than that, PHP was necessary to proxy the requests to purl.org as it
still doesn't set the CORS headers. Now that we've moved the namespace to
w3.org which allows cross-origin requests it's not necessary anymore (at
least not for the current demo).