Free-text search Re: variable representations edited for spec

Hi all,

Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> I already have a use case in mind
> where I will need another representation that is not covered:
> free-text searches with specific control characters (*, ?, …).
> My use case would be extensions of triple pattern fragments.
> The current interface is
>     ?subject / ?predicate / ?object
> where all of these 3 are hydra:ExplicitRepresentation.
>
> However, let's extend the interface with a structured free-text field:
>     ?subject / ?predicate / ?object / ?freeText
> where the ?freeText field allows control characters (*, ?, …).
> Then the first 3 are hydra:ExplicitRepresentation,
> and the 4th is ex:FreeTextWithControlChars.

I mentioned that some time before, but text search is something I am
very interested in for OpenGovLD:
https://github.com/OpenGovLD/specs/issues/89

And I agree that the specification first of all should make it easy for
machines to "understand" the data (in order to enable the machines to
help humans to understand and use it).

Cheers,
Andreas