Re: More Feedback and Questions

Hello,

On 11.10.2013 12:19, Thomas Hoppe wrote:

>  3.) I really don't get the point about the "entrypoint" property.
>  What is the semantics behind it?
>  So far I consider it useless as it does not contribute to the URI
> resolution (which was the only thing I could think of) --
>  everything required for this is already specified here [1] I think.

My understanding is ...
(and obviously I could be wrong :)

Assuming a webservice at http://example.com/webservice/ with API
documentation at http://example.com/doc/ .

There is no need to explicitly link [1] to the API documentation at
/doc/ from the webservice responses, as you should end up there anyway
if you resolve the classes and such from a /webservice/ response.

But if you start at http://example.com/doc/ , you can parse that and
understand how to interact with the webservice being documented, but
you do not know where that webservice is located unless
http://example.com/doc/ has a hydra:entrypoint property pointing to it.

[1] to me it seems that hydra:apiDocumentation is rarely needed.
Certainly the Hydra Console at
http://www.markus-lanthaler.com/hydra/console/
seems to be able to find the hydra:ApiDocumentation without it.

So I am curious to know what the use case for the
hydra:apiDocumentation property is.

-- Kuno / warp.