Re: representing hypermedia controls in RDF

On 25.11.13 14:20, Ruben Verborgh wrote:

Hi group,

> The inferences we discussed above, I would not have been able to make
> them in JSON-LD. This is a human thing of course; I know they are
> perfectly equivalent. But if I don't "see" the triples, I can't do
> the math. I think the average Web developers you talked about above
> "see" JSON; and that's just what I see.
>
> If I'm the only one, please ignore me. But I have the feeling there
> are others just like me.

I have the same issue, I found it always funny that people were so keen
about JSON as for me the syntax was and is pretty much unreadable. I
learned Turtle before I touched JSON for the first time and in my
opinion prefixed Turtle beats any other representation of Triples,
including JSON-LD.

Personally I find JSON-LD just a little less confusing than RDF/XML, and
I pretty much hate RDF/XML. BUT I do see that JSON-LD is important for
the "web-guys" out there and that's why I hope more and more LD services
start providing and using it.

In specs like Hydra I'm with Ruben here. Markus you might remember that
I asked you on Twitter if this is supposed to work as "plain RDF" as
well. My confusion came from the fact that you pretty much ignore
everything else than JSON-LD in the specs and IIRC you do not mention
RDF once.

The best vocab spec I've found so far is GoodRelations which gives me a
default view (ok I don't care about Microdata, this could be JSON-LD :)
and I can get Turtle if I click on the tab, see:

http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/goodrelations/v1.html#OpeningHoursSpecification

as an example.

regards

Adrian