JSON-LD and Turtle

On 11/26/13 8:41 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> Would you volunteer to convert the examples to Turtle?
>
> I'm still very skeptical about this. Turtle has been around for a decade now
> and I have yet to see a Web API (outside the small Semantic Web community)
> using it. JSON-LD on the other hand is still quite young and already widely
> used.

Markus,

Changing topic since this is matter on to itself re. Hydra.

Please don't look at things in this manner re. Turtle and JSON-LD. When
making anything that's based on RDF and its semantics, you need Turtle
for readability at the very least. Even more so for comprehension etc..
There is no cost to publishing vocabulary and ontology definitions in
Turtle and JSON-LD.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I've watched this movie a
zillion times (over way too many years), and each time the outcome is
the same i.e., an utterly unnecessary distraction that inevitably
detracts from the core mission :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen